Interstate Roofing Co., Inc. began in 1930 as a subsidiary of building materials dealer, Tucker-Kirby Company. Original principals, W. F. Tucker and R. S. Kirby started the business at 1620 West Palmer Street in Charlotte, North Carolina. The original name was Interstate Roofing and Asphalt Company and the primary business was reroofing houses and paving driveways. It was so successful that a few years later it split off from the parent company and incorporated as Interstate Roofing Company, Inc.
W. F. Tucker, Jr. took control of the company in 1950 and built it into the company that it is today. In 1964, it moved to the present location at 5616 Old Pineville Road, Charlotte. It went from 15 to 70 employees and from roofing house and paving driveways to doing major commercial roofing projects.
W. F. Tucker, III became president in 1988 and financial growth and efficiency continued.
Today, David Jackson is President, Jeff Taylor and W. F. "Lin" Tucker, IV are Vice Presidents and Donna Jones is Corporate Secretary. The Company is strong in every facet and poised for unlimited growth.